IPS Roundup: Sneak Peek at Alpha

I've been given a sneak peek at Alpha for the last few days.  

1. IPS has done a good job already talking about new features in the company blog. Some of the biggest changes that you can't help but notice are: Dark Mode, Card View, and the Vertical Menu.  

2. The default theme feels fast.  Like, super fast.  The flyouts of the menus, switching between sections, everything feels zippy.  

3. IPS is saving some juicy, juicy tidbits.  The new editor. Page builder. 

None of us have been able to play with the new page builder, but if you've struggled with building a landing page of different designs, this should be a game changer.  The new editor looks and feels very familiar, even if it's built in something totally different.  

No other forum provider has a robust set of tools to build pages like IPS, and I think the new Page Builder in 5 will continue to differentiate IPS as a site builder around your community. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JoelR said:

I've been given a sneak peek at Alpha for the last few days.  

1. IPS has done a good job already talking about new features in the company blog. Some of the biggest changes that you can't help but notice are: Dark Mode, Card View, and the Vertical Menu.  

2. The default theme feels fast.  Like, super fast.  The flyouts of the menus, switching between sections, everything feels zippy.  

3. IPS is saving some juicy, juicy tidbits.  The new editor. Page builder. 

None of us have been able to play with the new page builder, but if you've struggled with building a landing page of different designs, this should be a game changer.  The new editor looks and feels very familiar, even if it's built in something totally different.  

No other forum provider has a robust set of tools to build pages like IPS, and I think the new Page Builder in 5 will continue to differentiate IPS as a site builder around your community. 

We need to see some photos at least 

45 minutes ago, PrettyPixels said:

Do the apps seem any less siloed in the new version? I heard a rumor the blog app may be rolled into the pages app. Any truth to that?

Pages is one of the thing IPS is keeping mum about so far. No news about Pages at all, and it's not something we can test on the alpha.  I also heard that they will be rolling Blogs into Pages, so I'm looking forward to that change too.  

From what I can tell of the other apps, they seem to work and function exactly like before. Gallery, Downloads, Calendar, Clubs, etc.  

• Thanks 1

Community Expert

One is the email invitation and the other is what it looks like in the forums.  

(Ignore what Ehren is talking about.  A user was asking about the layout of the staff page. The key thing is the new community experts follow button.)

Screenshot_20240417_200803_Yahoo Mail.jpg

Screenshot_20240418_183427_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1