Should I continue to develop on this platform

• Providers

As a developer on this platform, I want to know your opinions of the members of this platform. Are you willing to buy new 3rd-party apps? Considering that quality apps/themes are produced that really improve your community and meet your needs.
Before the market was closed, I had a big plan to develop each part of this platform. I also decided to produce new things needed by every community. For example, LMS has been completed and is being developed, as well as other apps that I don't know if I should start.
Are you waiting for version 5 to think about 3rd-party apps?
Would you consider them if new apps are released for version 4.*?

• Like 1

• The topic was featured

I'm a big fan of purchasing 3rd party apps and a believer that modifications are a strategic advantage for independent communities.  

I can only speak for myself. I am definitely holding off on any new purchase or custom requests on v4. I also probably won't do anything for the first 6-9 months of v5 to allow the platform to mature (and I tend to be an early adopter).  

• Thanks 1

Even though I believe that using third party apps can improve your community and help you grow and reach your goal, using paid third party apps also increases your cost of community management. If it is completely your hobby project, and you have not enabled any kind of monetization, and paying from your pockets might cost a lot of money.

• Like 1

Hello @ReyDev

I am unsure of how much the closure of Invision's Marketplace has negatively affected the development of third-party apps. But like @JoelR, I am holding off any purchases until V5 is out.

I just the past few days, I've read elsewhere a few very negative comments about the closure of the Marketplace and it putting off potential purchases of IPS. I don't know how much of that is 'the usual complainers' and how much of it reflects a reality.

Well, it is what it is, I guess. So, the solution is to help promote and develop Invisioneer as an alternative hub for third-party apps. If we fail to do this, we all will suffer.

It would also like to see IPS do more to promote here and individual app vendors.

• Like 1

• Providers

Hi @Como

The closure of the Market has been great in terms of the removal of development restrictions.
But the problem, as you said, is stopping purchases and support from 3rd-party apps. We are all waiting for the release of version 5, but as @JoelR said, even buyers may wait several months until version 5 is stabilized. Therefore, no plan can be made for it. 
For now, I'm doing some custom work to see what happens.
Anyway, thank you for your comments, it will certainly help me decide.

I think if you're active in the IPS community, let clients know that you're available and open to private work, you will have people who want to reach out to you.  The IPS client base is so large and there's always a demand for customization.  

• Like 1