What to do when you're discouraged?

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you know what you are doing, if you believe in what you are doing, and if you are confident that you can achieve your goal, I do not think anyone can discourage you. You can get discouraged only when you are not firmly rooted on your goal.

Well, I don't easily get discouraged. I am firmly rooted on my believe and truly believe in what I am doing. Well, I do listen to people and make an analysis of what people tell be but I am not affected by negative comments. I do not make any quick decision, my decision to do something is based on a research, so I am not discouraged.

• 1 month later...

Getting discouraged as a community leader can happen so easily and when you least expect it. 

I have been discouraged many times when leading a community and it can often allow you to feel as though nothing will work, sometimes even the thought of giving up can cross your mind. 

Times when I have felt discouraged, I have walked away for a little while and come back feeling fresh and ready to tackle anything that was making me feel discouraged. 

Discouragement as a community leader is never easy to deal with but it can hit us all at a time when we do not expect it and that can be a shock to the system. 

Feeling discouraged at least for myself has left me overthinking and feeling as though I will never be a good community leader and can leave you burned out, when I get like that, taking breaks away from my community is what I find works best.