What strategies do you use to encourage activity within your community?

Achieving activity within a forum whilst it is possible, can also be difficult, especially if you are looking to gain consistent activity within the community you lead. 

Having strategies in place to help you stay consistent that will encourage activity is always great to have in place but depending on the kind of community leader you are, these kinds of strategies could vary. 

What strategies do you use to encourage activity within your community? 

One of the strategies that has worked for me is buying posting packages on webmaster forums. A lot of webmaster forums offer posting service and they allow you to earn credits through posting and use your earned credits to buy posting packages. This will improve engagements. But I also believe this is not a sustainable method.

• Like 1

Posting packages are a great way to get content which encourages activity, I have used them myself in the past and it is a great help. 

I do agree with you, it is not a sustainable method and it should be used in conjunction with other methods to encourage activity within your community. 

14 hours ago, Nomad said:

One of the strategies that has worked for me is buying posting packages on webmaster forums. A lot of webmaster forums offer posting service and they allow you to earn credits through posting and use your earned credits to buy posting packages. This will improve engagements. But I also believe this is not a sustainable method.

This I find is great when used as a starter for a new community, it can help boost content which is important in the early days of a community, once visitors and users see content and new content regularly, they are more inclined to keep coming back, especially if the content being posted is what they are interested in. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/23/2024 at 12:40 AM, Toni said:

This I find is great when used as a starter for a new community, it can help boost content which is important in the early days of a community, once visitors and users see content and new content regularly, they are more inclined to keep coming back, especially if the content being posted is what they are interested in. 

If you do not have a lot of organic activities or if your users are not creating quality posts, buying posting packages can also help. I know a lot of community owners who are using this method to boost activities. While you cannot expect these users to come back after your package is done, you will of course have some new content that can encourage discussion among existing members.

On 5/8/2024 at 12:16 PM, Maria said:

Understanding your user base and creating topics that your users will enjoy posting can improve engagement. Starting topics on trending topics can also improve engagement. I have noticed that if your community lacks new topics, there will be less engagements. 

I have noticed that most users like to respond to the existing topics instead of creating their own topics. That's because you will have to think hard about the topic but responding is easy.