What methods do you use to help ensure the longevity and sustainability of your community?

When we start to build out a community, one of the things we hope to ensure is not only the longevity but also the sustainability of our community. This is something that whilst possible, is not always easy to accomplish and can be difficult for some if not taken into account. 

Thinking about a community you lead now, what methods are you currently using to ensure the longevity and sustainability of that community? 

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am running two communities, and both of these communities are monetized with ads. I am also using open source platforms for my communities. By using open source platforms, I am able to cut my community management cost greatly, I am also able to recover some of my expenses through ads. Since I am not spending money form my pocket, I would be able to run my communities as long as I want.

On 5/8/2024 at 12:19 PM, Maria said:

Keeping your expenses down is one of the main thing you need to concentrate on if you want to ensure sustainability of your community. Even when you have monetized your community,it is really difficult to earn enough money for community management.

One of the main reasons why I am using ope source community platforms is to keep my running cost down. Since I do not have to pay for subscriptions, I am not in the financial pressure to run the community