Do you need a more advanced editor as admin?

One of the big discussions on the IPS client forums is the new editor and the removal of the source editor.  

One interesting suggestion is to offer 2 different editors.  A basic one for members, and a full editor with source code capability for admins.  

How often do you, as an admin, use source code? How much more of a power user are you than your members? 

• Inspiring 1

3 hours ago, JoelR said:

One interesting suggestion is to offer 2 different editors.  A basic one for members, and a full editor with source code capability for admins.  

This is exactly what we did, since as admin, from time to time we need to adjust some technical elements of a post (eg. the way an emended image should be displayed, ...)

3 hours ago, JoelR said:

How often do you, as an admin, use source code?

In a ideal world, it should not happen. For me it should only be used for "technical administrative" tasks (correct bad things, upgrade old content, ...).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JoelR said:

How often do you, as an admin, use source code? How much more of a power user are you than your members? 

I use it a fair bit to clean up the output.

In various copying scenarios, the background colour to the actual text is different to the div in the target post - so it acts like a highlighter of sorts at the target. I also sometimes use quote and wish to remove the quote box - source allows me to do this.

I will not be happy if source is no longer an option with v5.

• Informative 1