On 2024

Could contain: Text, Number, Symbol

As we stand on the threshold of 2024, I am filled with a sense of optimism and excitement for what we, as a vibrant community of forum enthusiasts and online community managers, can achieve together. It’s clear that our passion for creating engaging and meaningful digital spaces is the heartbeat of our success. 

The coming year presents an opportunity for us to refine our approach, placing a greater emphasis on strategy over mere engagement. Engagement is the lifeblood of our communities, but it's the strategies behind this engagement that turn our visions into realities. By focusing on thoughtful, well-planned tactics, we can create experiences that are not only engaging but also sustainable and growth-oriented.

Importantly, 2024 is a year for independent and smaller communities to shine. With the right focus and dedication, smaller forums can become powerhouses of niche interests and tight-knit engagement. The strength of these communities lies in their ability to foster deep, meaningful connections, leveraging their unique position to offer something distinct and valuable that larger platforms can't replicate.

Let's remind ourselves that our success is not just measured in numbers, but in the quality of interactions and the strength of the communities we build. This year, let’s double down on what makes each of our communities special. Let's innovate with intention, lead with empathy, and support each other in our collective journey towards creating digital spaces where everyone feels valued and heard.

Together, we can make 2024 a landmark year for forums and online communities. With passion as our driving force, strategic planning as our roadmap, and focused tactics as our tools, there’s no limit to what we can achieve. Here’s to a year of growth, learning, and unparalleled community experiences.

• Like 3

Wow what a great message, happy new year!  Definitely like the pivot away from engagement, which is something I tend to overly focus on, and in the quality of relationships and the community we can build.  

• 1 month later...

We are half through the second month of 2024 but I have not even began what I planned at the beginning of the year. I am involved in a lot of things and it is not possible to give enough time to everything I am doing, I have to make priorities. I have put community management my top priority. I plan to have more than 1K active users by the end of this year.

• Like 1