Future of SEO in an AI-Powered World

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zero click searches are becoming very popular but I do not think this is a threat to website owners who focuses on ranking on search engines and getting traffic from search engines. Zero click searches are only for short piece of information. For instance, if you just wan t to know when was Lincoln born, you do not have to visit multiple pages. But if you need more information on Lincoln, you will have to click on search results.

I am staying away from AI at the moment. There is too much uncertainty to link it with SEO.

Yes, it helps a lot in a lot of areas. From keyword research to content optimisations AI can play a crucial role. But there is a risk of being labelled as a bot when we use too much AI.

7 hours ago, Kane said:

Zero click searches are becoming very popular but I do not think this is a threat to website owners who focuses on ranking on search engines and getting traffic from search engines. Zero click searches are only for short piece of information. For instance, if you just wan t to know when was Lincoln born, you do not have to visit multiple pages. But if you need more information on Lincoln, you will have to click on search results.

Yes

I know it sounds contradictory that there will be both more zero click searches AND more long tail searches, but AI is going to force communities with expert advice to offer extremely deep long long tail discussions.  

What Facebook did to social conversation, AI will do to general knowledge.  

Communities have one advantage over social media platforms. While your Tweets or Facebook status will not appear on Google search, if you use long tail search terms on the title of the topic and body, your forum topic can appear on search results. AI has made it easier for us to find keywords and search terms. Now, we do not have to go to specific keywords tools, you can ask AI to give us keywords ideas.

There is a debate on whether AI generated content will rank on search engines or not. Even though a lot of people will say that AI generated content is not good for SEO, I have not seen any official word from search engines like Bing and Yahoo. These days I use Generative AI tools to get keyword ideas instead of using specific keyword tools

On 5/4/2024 at 3:55 AM, JoelR said:

know it sounds contradictory that there will be both more zero click searches AND more long tail searches, but AI is going to force communities with expert advice to offer extremely deep long long tail discussions.  

What Facebook did to social conversation, AI will do to general knowledge.  

When we search on Google we will have to go to various websites to learn about the topic, however, when we use ChatGPT, you can find all information on one place. But there is also a question if authenticity. I hear that OpenAI is building its own AI powered search engines. Maybe the days of Google are over.