What is the one mistake that you wish you could redo?

We all made mistakes when building our communities. Some were small, and some were big. Some were so big that we wish we would never had made it.  With all of the experience that you have now, what is one mistake that you wish you could redo?  

Could contain: Finger, Hand, Person, Adult, Male, Man, Clothing, Shirt, Head, Face

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wish I had used a better domain. I registered a domain with xyz extension. I started a community got some active users, and even monetized the community with adsense. Now, my members are complaining that the extension does not sound good, some members are even saying the the domain name that I am using for the community is also not appropriate and I kind of agree with them.

One mistake that I made and did not know at the time due to the situation was letting a forum that was 8 years old close despite it gaining traction and getting steady content daily. 

I had chosen to close it due to the price of the hosting increasing by a lot and moved onto something else away from forums for a while. If I could go back to that day and take a different approach and keep the forum, I would. 

On 2/21/2024 at 7:32 PM, Nomad said:

I wish I had used a better domain. I registered a domain with xyz extension. I started a community got some active users, and even monetized the community with adsense. Now, my members are complaining that the extension does not sound good, some members are even saying the the domain name that I am using for the community is also not appropriate and I kind of agree with them.

Why haven't you switched domain? 

On 3/7/2024 at 5:50 AM, JoelR said:

Why haven't you switched domain? 

Well, my site is monetized with adsense, if I switch the domain I will have to submit the new domain for approval and these days it can be very tough to get adsense approval. Furthermore, my site gets decent traffic from search engines, if I change domain I will lose that traffic.