You're the Community Admin. Do you participate or do you lead?

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a community player, I have multiple roles to play. I not only work on the back end but also on the front end. I create topics, reply to topics, post on users profile to thank them, I even wish them on their birthdays if the have shared their birthday in heir profile. By engaging in the activities, I want to make my users feel comfortable

When I created my first forum, I created important pages such as guidelines, TOS etc. from Admin account. I participated in the community discussion through another account and kept the admin account idle. However, on my second forum, I not only created topics as an Admin but also participated in the discussion

• 2 months later...

I would say that I am the kind of admin who participates as much as I can whilst working on other things needed within my community. 

In the very beginning, it can be difficult to get fresh, new content onto your forum and I believe that the admin should participate to help create that content which in turn will help the forum in the future. 

Some who lead a community are different and prefer to be more laid back and I also believe that is fine, there is no right or wrong. 

On 4/27/2024 at 3:36 AM, Shortie said:

I would say that I am the kind of admin who participates as much as I can whilst working on other things needed within my community. 

In the very beginning, it can be difficult to get fresh, new content onto your forum and I believe that the admin should participate to help create that content which in turn will help the forum in the future. 

Some who lead a community are different and prefer to be more laid back and I also believe that is fine, there is no right or wrong. 

Admin participation is very important, if you have a small community, that's even more important. By the way do you participate as an "admin" or do you create different account to participate in the discussion?