How do you feel AI will effect communities?

AI is becoming more developed as the days, weeks and months go by and I often wonder how AI will effect communities going forward. 

At the moment, I am seeing the use of AI-generated content more so than I used to which is something to look out for if you are a community leader but how else could AI effect communities in the future? 

On 1/19/2024 at 4:23 PM, dismalbliss said:

I hate it. I've been on a forum where they have an AI plugin that generates replies from fake AI members. It's so stupid. 

I also hate it when I see a real human member paste an AI response. You can spot it a mile away, lol.

I have to agree with you on all of this. I have come across many users on forums who have copied and pasted AI written content and they believe no one would notice, it took me some time but you soon start to notice the difference and can pinpoint it quite quickly. 

• Like 1

I can see users using AI tools to generate content for online communities, this will be more common in communities that pay for content compared to the communities that do not reward users. I also see that a lot of communities will be implementing some sort of content checker to determine whether the content is AI-generated or not.

AI can create superior content compared to human beings but in a community, there should be human beings interacting and not AI. I think AI should be strictly avoided in online communities, we should not let AI step into this arena.

I do not think AI will affect communities greatly. I realize that some users will start using generative AI to create posts on the communities but most community owners will be against such practice, therefore, I do not think a lot of people would be interested in using AI to create posts.

On 2/1/2024 at 9:38 AM, Maria said:

I do not think AI will affect communities greatly. I realize that some users will start using generative AI to create posts on the communities but most community owners will be against such practice, therefore, I do not think a lot of people would be interested in using AI to create posts.

Perhaps you are right. I can see people using AI on article sites and blogging sites. They will be misusing AI tools to create articles and the publish these articles so that they can make money. However, you don't earn by participating on forums, so I do not see how people start using AI generated content on online communities.

• 3 months later...

I believe in the coming days community owners will start adding a clause on guidelines that strictly mention that use of AI in content generation will be strictly prohibited. They will also discourage people to use content rewritten through an AI tool