Using Generative AI For Content Creation

What kind of policy do you have in your community regarding the use of Generative AI for post creation? Do you allow users to use Generative AI to create posts, or are you strictly against the use of Generative AI in your community? Well, I do not allow users to use AI for content creation. If a user repeatedly uses AI, I might even ban him form my community.

2 hours ago, TomCat said:

What's a good AI app or site for creating forum posts?

ChatGPT has their OpenAI bot.  Like many things in life, it totally depends on how you input.  Garbage in / garbage out. 

But if you insert well-crafted prompts that are unique for your site,  you should be able to easily brainstorm some topic ideas!  

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, dismalbliss said:

It's not a big problem yet. Usually if someone posts a reply that is obviously AI generated, another user calls him out on it, lol. 

The key word is ... yet.  But I can see this becoming more and more common. 

Could contain: Robot, Adult, Male, Man, Person, Face, Head

Don't worry, the Robot said.  Robots won't take over!  

I think there's a bigger - and better - discussion to have: what are the underlying factors that we care about in a conversation (especially in response to a question?)  It's likely to be speed and accuracy.  I don't actually mind having an AI bot respond, based on the collective wisdom of the rest of the community, if it can give me fast answers and accurate answers.  Should it be ethically disclosed that the response was computer generated?  Yes.  But do I actually have a problem with the reply if it's good, fast, and grounded in expert opinion?  Not really.  

What do you all think?  

18 hours ago, TomCat said:

What's a good AI app or site for creating forum posts?

While I do not approve of copy-pasting AI-generated text in forum posts, but it is perfectly ok to use AI for ideas, outlines, and research. You can try ChatGPT, Bard, or Bing AI. All of them are good.

• 4 months later...

I don't mind users who use AI to get an idea or a guideline to help them with content to write but I will not allow AI-generated content to be directly copied and pasted into the community. 

If someone is using AI-generated content to help them with ideas or even research, I would expect them to turn the content into their own words before posting it to my community. 

Generative AI can help you create informative and educational content but it will not help you with creative content. AI generated content is also very generalized, it does not offer specific point of view. But if you are a good writer, you can transform AI content into a master piece.