What goals do you currently have set for your community?

As community owners, some of us if not all of us will more than likely create goals that we would like to achieve within our community, this could be anything from the number of registered members to the number of posts made within a week, month or year. 

Depending on the kind of community we have and what we expect from our community will depend on the goals we set for ourselves. 

Do you currently have any goals set for your community at the moment? If you do, what are they? 

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the moment, the one goal I have set for my community that I would like to reach is getting high-quality content on the forum. I have no set date as of yet for when I wish to reach that goal and there may be no set date for me to reach that goal as I am a firm believer that you can never have too much content. 

Just like most people, I am also focusing on numbers, I want more members, more activities, and more traffic. My long term goal is to build a dedicated marketplace within my community.

On 5/1/2024 at 7:17 AM, Kane said:

Just like most people, I am also focusing on numbers, I want more members, more activities, and more traffic. My long term goal is to build a dedicated marketplace within my community.

One thing I'd like to point out is building a dedicated marketplace is not the same as attracting more members.  

If you're building a marketplace, you might be focused on initiatives like: reaching and attracting sellers, onboarding their products, and offering tools to organize and filter and search.  That's not the same as simply attracting more members, which you can pursue through things like referrals, promotion, etc.  

The sharper that you can define your initiative, the easier it will be for you to actually implement.  

I do not have big goals for my community, I am just trying to build a platform where users will enjoy hanging out and will also learn something new, or will share things that they are passionate about. In the age of big social media platforms and in the age when people are mostly interested in watching short videos or broadcasting short videos, it is really difficult to meet bigger goals.